Watermelon season starts as early as May in many places, so what better time to kick off the summer than with a delicious recipe featuring this refreshing and healthy ingredient? As with all produce, the less time there is for watermelons between harvest and purchase, the better they’ll taste. Your local farmer’s market is perfect for the freshest watermelons.
This refreshing and super fresh arugula watermelon salad recipe is perfect for Summer and all your warm weather feasts. A big bowl of this is also a stunning presentation to the potluck table.
Helpful Hint: Test out variations of this watermelon salad recipe with different fresh herbs to discover what your favorite is!
- 4 cups of watermelon cubes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs such as mint, oregano, basil leaves, parsley, or dill chopped (reserve a few whole leaves for garnish)
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- In large bowl combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and mint or herbs or choice. Stir to combine.
- Add watermelon chunks and gently stir to coat the dressing in the watermelon.
- Add feta cheese, arugula, black pepper. Gently toss to combine all ingredients. Taste for seasoning and add salt if needed. Serve chilled.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit it below!