Calling all fellow peanut butter lovers! March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day! And the best way to celebrate is by making the family the amaaazing, delicious confection known as Peanut Butter Pizookie!
What’s a pizookie? Pizookie is a “pizza” + “cookie” combination, typically baked to order in a skillet and served warm with a gigantic scoop of ice cream. (Droooool!)
And if there’s anything better than how that sounds, there’s more! This recipe is topped off with – you guessed it – a drizzle of hot peanut butter syrup.
Peanut Butter Pizookie for National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day!
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/3 cup peanut butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups flour
• 1 bag of peanut butter chips
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy (about 5 minutes).
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add baking powder and salt, mix again. Then add flour and mix until combined.
- Mix in the peanut butter chips.
- Fill your mini skillets for each individual serving with the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite flavor of ice cream.
Making the peanut butter syrup is easy. Just put a couple tablespoons of peanut butter in a glass measuring cup and microwave for about 20 seconds and stir.
When you pour the syrup on top of the ice cream, it hardens like a peanut butter shell over the ice cream.
This sinfully delicious recipe is perfect for a cold March night, with loved ones gathered to watch a favorite movie. And who says you have to make this recipe for National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day? This is the perfect treat anytime you want to satiate your peanut butter cravings!