The new year is an excellent time to assess what lifestyle changes we can make to improve our health and well-being. A healthier lifestyle can help prevent obesity, high blood sugar, high cholesterol and high blood pressure, which are risk factors for diabetes, kidney disease and heart disease.
5 Ways For A Healthier Lifestyle
1. Eat a nutritious, well-balanced diet that includes plenty of nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables.
2. Add regular physical activity. Getting 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day can help lower blood pressure, manage weight, and protect against many diseases.
3. Manage your stress. Taking 30 seconds each day to step back and take deep, slow breaths can make a world of difference for your mood and perspective.
4. Focus on spending time with people who fill you up, not leave you feeling drained. It’s obvious: those who inspire you are likely going to bring out the best in you.
5. Get seven to eight hours of quality sleep. Not enough sleep can lower your immune system.
These basic daily practices can be the foundation for managing your resilience and boosting your energy.
We are here to help. ASBA can provide advice, social opportunities and the wisdom of experience, plus support from our friendly experts to help with your benefits needs.